The small-town feel matched with fine dining and activities have the rich and famous flocking to SW Florida
Forbes visited Naples and found it to be an ideal place to visit. We have to agree, they were awed by the hotels and restaurants, but it also the array of outdoor activities available all year round – including fishing, golfing, and, of course, the beaches that make Naples such an amazing city to see. Old Naples, consisting of the area from Central Avenue South all the way past 5th Ave up to Port Royal, has an island feel, with most roads winding down toward the water.
And on the North side of Naples, there are gated communities, golf courses, and country clubs with luxurious homes that the rich and famous flock to. While many residents have additional homes elsewhere in the country, they come to the area to enjoy the small town look and feel matched with unbeatable fine dining and upscale amenities. It’s no wonder that Naples, Florida has become a stomping ground for several types of celebrities.
- Mike Ditka, retired NFL football player and coach, shares a home in Naples worth an estimated $3 million with his wife Diana.
- Larry Bird, the former Forward for the Boston Celtics and current President of the Indiana Pacers, owns a 6,000 square-foot home in Naples.
- Dave Wannstedt, the former head coach of the Miami Dolphins and Chicago Bears, owns a home in Port Royal.
- Naturally, many PGA players have residences in Naples, where they spend most of their time working on their swing. Wayne Levi, Mark Lye, and Rocco Mediate own homes in North Naples while George McNeill was born here.
- Robert “Bob” Seger, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and pianist, lives in Naples when he is not residing in Michigan. The Rock ’n Roll Hall-of-Famer uses his Naples condo, worth a reported $2 million, as a winter getaway.
- Alex Lifeson, the guitarist of the Canadian hard rock band Rush, owns a condo in Pelican Bay.
- Janet Evanovich, best known for her Stephanie Plum mystery series, spends much of her time in her $6.2 million waterside estate in Naples.
- Robin Cook, New York Times Bestselling author and American physician, has been a part-time Naples resident for several years, splitting his time between Florida and Boston. Cook and his family own a penthouse on the Gulf.
- Judith “Judge Judy” Sheindlin lives in the Bay Colony in Pelican Bay in an 8,550 sq. foot penthouse with her husband. The property was purchased in 2005 for a reported $6.9 million.
- Sean Hannity, syndicated radio talk show host and host of Hannity on the FOX News Channel, owns a condo in Moraya Bay, a luxury development in Naples.
The only Papa you (might) like as much as your own, pizza magnate Papa John Schnatter, has a waterfront penthouse in Naples, along with his homes in Deer Valley and Louisville, KY.
Celebrities are a lot like most of our residents. They seek out Southwest Florida for the area’s peace, quiet, and stunning natural beauty. And whether you’re a celebrity looking for the quiet corner of paradise or a regular citizen looking for laid-back scenery, Naples is the perfect place to rest easy.
Dante Disabato has found a home in Southwest Florida and we want you to as well. Fill out our contact form and see for yourself what all of the hype is about.